Citizens of Russia and CIS countries require a visa to visit Belize.
A visa must be issued in advance at the British embassy and consulates.
Documents required to obtain a visitor visa:
- a passport that must be valid both at the time of the visa application and at the time of entry into the country. The passport must have a free page for gluing a visa;
- a copy of the first page of the passport with the personal data of the owner;
- questionnaire completed in English. Only forms filled out directly on the website of the UK Migration Service are accepted for consideration. All information contained in the questionnaire will be encrypted in a special bar code, and the applicant will receive an individual registration number. After filling in all the fields, the applicant must print the questionnaire and sign in the appropriate section;
- 1 recent color photograph 3.5×4.5 cm;
- documents confirming the availability of funds sufficient to finance the trip. Such documents include recent bank statements, copies of bank books, pay stubs, or documents stamped by the tax office confirming financial well-being. Currency exchange certificates or cash cannot be evidence of financial well-being;
- certificate from the place of work on a form with all the coordinates of the enterprise, indicating the position and salary, signed by the director of the enterprise and the chief accountant, certified by a seal. – Individual private entrepreneurs will need a photocopy of the certificate of registration of individual entrepreneurs and registration with the tax authorities. – For non-working pensioners – a photocopy of the pension certificate, a certificate from the place of work of the person paying for the trip, or an extract from his bank account, a statement signed by this person that he pays the costs of staying in the UK.- For students – a student card, a certificate from the place of study, a certificate from the place of work of the person paying for the trip, a statement signed by this person that he pays the costs of staying in Belize. – For schoolchildren – a certificate from the school, a certificate from the place of work of the person paying the travel expenses, a statement signed by this person that he pays the expenses of his stay in Belize;
- an old passport with UK, US or Schengen visas, if any;
- an invitation from the host, which should indicate the dates of the trip, the name of the hotel, all participants in the trip are listed with the names and surnames and passport numbers, or confirmation of the hotel reservation;
- round-trip airfare (not a requirement).
Requirements for accompanying documents
All supporting documents (powers of attorney, certificates from work and study, bank statements, sponsorship letters, property documents, etc.) must be translated into English. The translation is attached to each document on a separate sheet. Each sheet with a translation must contain the following information:
– the date the translation was made;
– name and surname of the translator, his contact information, as well as his personal signature;
– Confirmation that the translation corresponds to the original.
Translation of documents can be performed by the applicant himself, by an employee of the Translation Agency, or by another person who is sufficiently proficient in English. If the translation is made by the applicant, his data is indicated on the sheet with the translation, and the phrase “translated by applicant” is also written. If the translation was made in a translation agency, the details of the company and the name and surname of the translator are indicated.
A photocopy must be attached to each original document – in this case, the originals are returned to the applicant after verification with copies.
Rules for filling out an electronic questionnaire
To fill out an electronic form directly on the website of the UK Migration Service, you need to go through a simple registration procedure, which takes a few minutes.
Then you should choose the type of questionnaire in accordance with the purpose of the intended trip. All fields of the form must be completed – answers must be given in English only. Applications completed in any other languages will not be accepted.
After filling in all the fields, the application must be printed and signed in the appropriate section. At the same time, all information contained in the questionnaire is encrypted and will be available only to authorized personnel, and the applicant will receive a unique registration number to his e-mail address, using which he will be able to book a visit to the nearest British Visa Application Center (for this, you will need to create a personal account on the VC website). After the date and time are selected, the system will automatically generate a notification with the visit data. This letter must be printed and submitted with all documents at the Visa Application Centre.
The photographs attached to the application must meet the following requirements:
- photo size 3.5×4.5 cm;
- a clear color image on a light (white or light blue) background;
- the image should occupy approximately 70% of the image;
- the photo should not have ovals, frames and corners;
- the applicant must be depicted without sunglasses, hats, scarves, except when necessary for religious reasons.
Registration on the website of the Visa Application Center
In order to sign up for the submission of documents and biometric data, as well as pay the visa fees and additional services (if any) it is necessary on the website of the Teleperformance Visa Application Centers create your account. To do this, you first need to fill out a visa application form, after which the applicant will be assigned a unique reference code consisting of the letters GWF and nine numbers. This code must be entered during registration along with the e-mail address, password (the applicant comes up with it himself), first and last name. After registering on the site, you must indicate the place of application, then you will have access to choosing the date and time of the visit to the Visa Application Center, paying the visa fee, which is carried out using a bank card, as well as ordering additional services (priority consideration of the application, courier delivery of documents and VIP -Hall). After choosing the date and time of the visit, a letter is automatically generated with information about the time of admission (in parallel, it is duplicated on the applicant’s e-mail).
Visiting the Visa Application Center
Applications for a visa to the Commonwealth countries or the British Overseas Territories are accepted at any of the British Visa Application Centers in Russia, personal application directly to the British Consulates located in the Russian Federation is not possible.
Visa documents are accepted only by appointment, which is carried out online on the website of Teleperformance Visa Application Centers.
All applicants must appear in person at the UK Visa Application Centre.
All British Visa Application Centers accept documents for visas from Monday to Friday, from 08.30 to 14.30, return of passports with ready visas is carried out from 08.30 to 16.00.
Biometric data for obtaining visas for entry into the Commonwealth countries or the British Overseas Territories is not required to be handed over.
Visa processing time
The term for issuing a visa to Belize can be from 10 days to 3 weeks, as the request is sent directly to the country’s immigration service.
Visa validity periods
A visitor visa is issued for a period of validity of 6 months or 1 year.
In case of refusal of a visa, the fee is not refundable. Consular fees may vary.
The fee is paid online using VISA and MasterCard bank cards after completing the online visa application form. Payment will be made in US dollars.
Traveling with children
To obtain a visa for a child under 18 years of age or to include him in a visa with one of the parents, a copy of his birth certificate and a notarized consent to the removal of the child from the remaining parent / parents are required. If the child is traveling unaccompanied (for example, going to study), it is necessary to provide a notarized power of attorney from both parents for the child to cross the border on his own.
If one of the parents died, was deprived of parental rights, went missing, or his whereabouts are unknown, and he does not maintain contact with the family, it is necessary to provide the relevant documents: a death certificate (notarized copy) or a certificate from the police, or a mother’s book -loners.